Thursday, March 4, 2010

Alright, What's the plan!?

So as I'm sure all of you have heard (I hope all of you), there was an earthquake in Chile last Saturday morning.  As of that day, I was supposed to be flying out to Chile on March 16 to teach English for a year. Well.... as of now, I still cannot really say whether or not I will be in Chile in 12 days.  What I can say however, is that I have received now 3 very noncommittal emails from the program, the latest of which was the most positive ie. saying that they are trying everything within their power to make sure we still teach down there but they are not sure yet A. if we will continue with the program in Chile for sure and B. if so, if we will be flying out on March 16 or not.  The area that I would(/will??) be teaching is not the most affected region of Chile but it definitely received some significant earthquake damage as far as I have been able to gather.   I would be teaching in Santiago or just to the north of Santiago and the earthquake's main devastation was much further south. Anyhoo, pending my future, you can keep up-to-date with my travels and adventures here.  As you can tell, I really have no idea what will happen or where I will be going, so here goes nothing!

At least I'm stuck in Leesburg and not some completely boring, suburb of DC....


Mardi Gras is the BEST! WHO DAT!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're happy and well and that your mom gave us this link for you...how great to be able to read a blow-by-blow account of what's going on......keep the info coming. Everybody is asking on Facebook and probably all your friends who are not there...Pura Vida. Enjoy ! Roberta

    ReplyDelete