Monday, March 15, 2010

onwards!

So it's official, I'm rolling out tomorrow, leaving DC at 330pm and then not leaving Miami until midnight! Nothing like a great layover!  I think I'm pretty ready to go.... I so thought that I wouldn't be taking all that much but even after packing all little that I did (or so i think) I was still at about 45lbs for EACH of my bags.  That shit fills up quickly.  Having said that, all the clothes I'm taking are 3 pairs of jeans, 3 pairs of slacks, 8 tops, 3 sweaters, 3 cardigans, 2 dresses, 2 skirts, one jacket, 2 fleeces and 5 pairs of shoes. UGH so much and yet really, so little too: 8 months on that! I cannot tell you how many hours I spent getting it down to that too... it's kinda embarrassing actually, who would've thought I'd be such an anal packer.  I'm totally stoked though to put up my three calenders in my new room: Glimt artwork, Lara's awesome feminist one and of course, the one of the beautiful city of New Orleans.  And I can't wait to give my host family my gifts from the US: dark chocolate Hershey kisses, Louisiana hot sauce and mardi gras beads! I hope they like it!

I'm still questioning what I'm getting myself into! Just gotta roll with it.

2 comments:

  1. Allison I am so excited for you and your great adventures ahead. We really miss you here in NOLA - but you're still here in spirit! Travel safe! LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a text from Al-li-son in Miami, she has landed and all is well!!!!

    ReplyDelete